any homeowners may overlook the importance of regular air filter replacement, but you shouldn’t be one of them. At Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air in Dayton, OH, we take your comfort seriously. This is why we always recommend having a professional check out your filters if you think something isn’t right. On top of that, we can suggest different filter options so that you can pick one that works best for your needs and wants.
We are a veteran owned and operated company dedicated to serving you! We offer free estimates on our services to help you get to the bottom of your problem fast. We also offer same-day service so that you can quickly get back to enjoying your daily routine.
If your energy bills are skyrocketing, you may be in need of air duct cleaning.
When to Replace Your Filters
Your filters serve an important function in your HVAC system. Without it, your unit would be vulnerable to dirt, dust, and debris that could seriously affect the functioning of your system. It’s important to schedule regular AC filter replacement so that you can keep your system working like it should. Here’s when to consider replacement:
- Every 3 weeks: if you have pets, live in a dusty area, or suffer from allergies, you should change your filter every 3 weeks to avoid any issues.
- Every 3 months: Your filter should be changed at least every 3 months with normal use. If you notice your area doesn’t feel as clean, or there is dust accumulating, replace it sooner.
- Every 6 months: If you use high quality filters, you may need to replace your filters less frequently. This could result in cost savings to you and you’ll enjoy the improved air quality.
Types of Filters
There are many choices when it comes to HVAC filters. Depending on your system, your needs, and your wants, you may find that one choice of filter is better than another. Here are some common choices homeowners look at when deciding:
- Fiberglass Filters: These are the most common types. Once you use it, you dispose of it and replace with a new one. This is one of the most cost-effective options, however, it means frequent waste and it does not have the strongest filtering capabilities,
- Polyester/Pleated Filter: These filters have superior dust catching abilities. While they are more expensive, you’ll find that they’re more effective than fiberglass filters. Some types are reusable.
- HEPA Filters: These units have the most powerful filtering capability. As a matter of fact, these are commonly found in hospitals and other places requiring a high level of filtering. These will deliver the best results but are also typically the most pricey.
Feeling the chill? Our expert technicians provide professional heater repair.
Why Work With Us
Whether you need an AC or heater filter, Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air can offer you a tailored solution. If you have questions about the type of filter that would work best for you, our experienced technicians can help answer your questions. We always strive for excellence which is why our happy customers keep coming back. Working with us means:
- 24 hour service
- Same day response
- A+ BBB rated
- Veteran owned and operated