Imagine waking up to a freezing home during winter because the heater went out or coming home to a flooded kitchen because of a burst pipe. Sometimes, waiting days for an appointment isn’t an option. When time is critical, turn to Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air for 24 hour emergency service.
If your water heater isn’t performing as efficiently as it used to, call and ask about our water heater services.
When to Call an Emergency Plumber
When facing a plumbing problem, it’s wise to fix it as soon as possible to prevent further damage. While not all plumbing problems require immediate attention, you shouldn’t wait if you experience the following scenarios.
- Flood Risk – If you have a burst pipe, failed sump pump, water shut off valve failure or sewer backup, it can lead to flooding, which means significant damage to your home and a risk to your safety.
- Sewer Backup – If you have a sewer line that’s backed up into the house, it creates a health hazard in the form of harmful bacteria and other pathogens getting into the home.
- No Water – Like a sewer backup, not having any water presents health risks as well as inconveniences, such as not being able to bathe, use the facilities, or wash.
- Burst Pipe – As mentioned above, a burst pipe presents a flood risk and additional damage such as mold and mildew growth, impacting your family’s health.
If you experience any of the above situations, call Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air.
24 Hour Heating Repair
No matter what kind of plumbing problem you have on your hands, or the time of day, we’re a phone call away. We’re available 24/7 to help our valued customers in the Dayton area. Call on us if you experience:
- A heater or furnace that shuts down
- A heater that’s not keeping the proper temperature
- A heater that’s making unusual noises like squealing or banging
- A heater that’s putting out foul-smelling air
It’s essential that you call for help immediately when having heating problems to ensure the comfort and safety of your family during the cold months.
Stubborn drain clogs require professional drain cleaning services. Call us today in the Dayton area for more information.
Signs Your Furnace is Dying
The last thing you want during winter is for your heater or furnace to give out, yet that’s often what happens to many Dayton, OH, homeowners. Whether it’s the lack of maintenance or the system’s age, it’s not uncommon for the furnace to fail when you need it the most. Here are warning signs telling you to call a heater repair company right away.
- Age – Today’s furnaces last about 15 years, so if yours is over that age, it’s time to begin shopping for a new model. Please don’t wait until there’s an emergency because it’s challenging to make informed purchasing decisions in those times.
- Rising Utility Bills – It’s not uncommon for a furnace to lose efficiency as it gets older, especially if you’ve been lax about maintenance. If your energy bills are rising, it could be that your furnace is working harder to provide the heat you desire.
- Frequent Repairs – If you’re reaping your furnace more frequently, it’s time to think about putting the money you’re spending to keep the old unit running, and put it towards a new, higher efficiency model.
- Lack of Comfort – Do you find that some rooms are too hot while others are too cold? Are you always fiddling with the thermostat to get comfortable? If so, your heater may have lost the ability to effectively distribute the heat to keep you comfortable in every room.