Many Dayton, OH residents are dissatisfied with the amount of hot water they get from their tank-style water heaters. Sure, those systems are reliable and do an admirable job, but if your family has high hot water demands, the traditional water heater doesn’t cut it. Tankless water heaters are getting to be more popular, so call Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air and let us show you how your family can benefit from one of these devices.
If your Dayton home is over 50 years old, it’s time to consider our repiping services.
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless water heaters or an on demand water heater, as it’s sometimes known, are systems that provide instant and unlimited hot water to homeowners. Unlike traditional water heaters, which store and heat water for later use in a large tank, the tankless system heats the water as it comes into the system and sends it to the house.
Tankless water heaters heat the water directly with gas or electricity, which allows the unit to deliver a constant supply of hot water.
Tankless Water Heater Advantages
If you’ve thought about a tankless water heater before, but aren’t sure if it’s right for you, consider these advantages to help you decide.
- While more expensive to purchase and install than traditional water heaters, a tankless water heater saves money over time thanks to its superior efficiency.
- Unlike tank-style water heaters, which have a lifespan of about 15 years, the tankless system lasts considerably longer — nearly twice as long in many cases. The longevity of these systems mitigates the higher install price.
- Tankless water heaters are small devices and take up much less space than a tank-style water heater, which means you have more storage space.
- The most significant advantage is that you have unlimited hot water available in seconds as opposed to the minutes that come with traditional water heaters.
If you’re still not sure an on demand water heater is right for your family, call us for a consultation.
Are the water bills rising in your Dayton, OH home, for no apparent reason? Our water leak detection service can pinpoint the problem quickly.
Do You Have a Tankless Water Heater? Here are Signs You Need Repairs!
While more reliable than traditional water heaters, sometimes tankless water heaters run into trouble, and you need the help of a professional plumber to make it right. Here are signs your tankless system is in trouble.
- No Hot Water – If the water is warm, but not hot, it may be something simple like a temperature adjustment.
- Water Heater Shuts Off – A system that shuts itself off can be the result of a variety of problems, but the most common one is a clogged filter.
- Temperature Variations – If you notice fluctuating temperatures in the span of a single use, it could be an electrical issue, such as a loose connection.
- Water Tastes Strange or is Discolored – While tankless systems lack the reservoir for sediment to build up in like a tank-style water heater, you shouldn’t ever get discolored or foul-tasting water. If you do, the issue could be with the system itself.
Other Services Includes:
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Main & Burst Pipe Repair
- Water Leak Detection
- Gas Leak Detection
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Hydro Jetting Services
- Sewer Line Repairs
- Sewer Video Inspection
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Backflow Testing and Certification
- Sump Pump Services
- Septic Tank Plumbing
- Slab Leak Repair
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Water Well Services
- Farm & Agricultural Plumbing
- Commercial Plumbing