Many Dayton homeowners have troubles in the kitchen, either with a leaky faucet or old, outdated fixtures that need replacing. At Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air, we have over 30 years of residential plumbing experience. Call us today for an appointment and let us show you what a difference working with a family-owned, local company makes.
Give your Dayton, OH home a makeover with our bathroom remodeling services.
Benefits of a Garbage Disposal Installation
Have you thought about installing a garbage disposal but don’t know if they’re worth the effort? Here are a few things to consider that might change your mind.
- Garbage disposals are a more effective way to deal with food waste. Instead of throwing it into the trash where it rots and stinks up the kitchen, putting it in the garbage disposal is cleaner and easier.
- Some estimates say that about 20% of the waste in the environment is food waste. Using a garbage disposal reduces this waste, which makes it better for the environment.
- Many drain clogs occur when food waste goes down the drain. A garbage disposal protects your plumbing by grinding up food scraps so they won’t back up your pipes.
If you’re still unsure about adding a garbage disposal to your kitchen, call Ed Rike Plumbing, Heating & Air, for a consultation.
Our Kitchen Faucet Repair
Whether you recently installed a new kitchen faucet or are still using the one that came with the house, you might experience problems that require the help of a professional plumber. Call us if you experience:
- Water leaks
- Low water pressure
- Wear & tear
- Faulty installation
- Poorly heated water
- Tangled hoses
Consider, too, the many new ‘smart’ faucets on the market that make your life in the kitchen easier thanks to technology like Google Home or Apple’s HomeKit. Call us and let us show you what’s available.
Do you have a drain that clogs all the time no matter what you do? Let our drain cleaning service restore your drain to its maximum efficiency.
What Causes a Leaky Faucet?
Do you have a faucet that drips, drips, drips in your Dayton home? Even a small leak can waste gallons of water down the drain every day. If you leave it alone for too long, you’re looking at hundreds of wasted dollars.
There are many reasons why your faucet may leak, so let’s look at a few now.
- Bad O-ring – If you have a leaky cartridge faucet, it could be that the o-ring is bad or worn out.
- Worn Out Cartridge – A leak in a cartridge filter could also be caused by the cartridge itself, which may need replacing.
- Corroded Valve Seat – If the leak looks like it’s coming from the spout, it may be the valve seat that’s to blame. When water sediment builds up, it can corrode the valve seat and cause a leak.
- Worn Out Washers – Another common cause of leaky faucets are washers that wear out with use.